7-year old Girl Dies After Fire in McAdoo

Fire Victim

Teddy Bears line the front door of a home on Kennedy Street in McAdoo. They’re in memory of 7 year old, Madison Arner who died Monday morning at Lehigh Valley Hospital, less than 48 hours  after she was pulled from the smokey blaze at her home. Madison and her family were inside their house when an electrical fire began with a dryer in the back kitchen around 11:30 on Saturday night. Madison’s mother, 45 year old Lorraine Searfoss, sister, Savanah Searfoss and 21 year old, Dylan Danko were pulled out first. Early Monday, Madison’s father posted on facebook stating, that Madison had passed away. Friends of the family said she was taken off of life support, that she wasn’t strong enough to win her battle. The house is just across the street from McAdoo’s Fire Department. Chief Bob Leshko was at the fire house when he noticed the blaze. The fire fighters’ quick actions may have saved lives. Savanah Searfoss, Madison’s sister has since been released from the hospital. She and her family will need support from the community to get back on their feet .

The McAdoo Fire company has set up a fund drive.

Donations can be sent to:

McAdoo Fire Co., Inc.
P.O.Box 116
Attn: Fire Victims
McAdoo, PA 18237

 

 

 

 

 

 

get ready for your close-up

Professional video production for your business or event.